NEW TIGER 1200 DESERT EDITION
Inspired by the epic motorcycle adventures the Tiger 1200 has taken across the most inhospitable and challenging deserts in the world, the new Tiger 1200 Desert Edition takes all of the distinctive and purposeful Tiger 1200 XC line-up looks and incredible capability, whilst bringing an even higher standard of finish, including:
- Exclusive ‘Sandstorm’ special edition paint scheme.
- Dedicated ‘Desert Edition’ graphics.
- New metallised ‘SE’ radiator badges.
In addition to its unique paint scheme, the Tiger 1200 Desert Edition also features higher specification equipment compared to the mid spec XCx model, designed to further enhance its adventure capability and affordability. These dedicated features are;
- Lightweight Arrow titanium silencer
- Triumph Shift Assist for clutchless up- and down-shifts
Tiger triple engine
The new Desert Edition features the Tiger 1200’s 1215cc Triple engine, the most powerful shaft-driven engine in its class, delivering smooth and immediate response through the gears up to a peak power of 141PS @ 9,350rpm. This is derived by the high quality engine components
(including lightweight flywheel, lighter crankshaft and magnesium cam cover) that allow the engine to spin up fast for instant power delivery and maximum torque of 122Nm @ 7,600rpm.
In addition, the lightweight Arrow titanium silencer enhances the bike’s agility and improves the already thrilling Tiger Triple soundtrack.
The new Desert Edition offers a huge choice of core features and benefits to deliver a superior riding experience. This ride enhancing technology includes:
- Adjustable full colour TFT instrument - Full colour and clear instrumentation providing precise rider information with an intuitive operation
- Optimised Cornering ABS and Traction Control - Enabled via an Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU), this system supports the automatic selection of the appropriate level of ABS and Traction Control intervention by constantly measuring roll, pitch, yaw and acceleration rates, in order to calculate the lean angle. This fully integrated technology system ensures greater riding stability at all times.
- 5 rider modes (Rain, Road, Off-Road, Off-Road PRO, Sport) – The riding modes adjust throttle response, ABS and Traction Control settings for maximum rider control in all riding conditions. The Off-Road PRO riding mode is Triumph’s most extreme off-road set-up for advanced off-road adventure, with ABS and Traction Control turned off, and an off-road throttle map.
- All LED lighting - Providing enhanced visibility and style, Triumph's LED signature lighting creates clear views ahead and from behind
- High specification Triumph Semi-Active Suspension (TSAS) - Featuring premium adjustable WP suspension, allowing the rider to electronically control the type of ride
with the TSAS controlling the front and rear suspension damping. It also automatically adapts the RSU pre-load settings to maintain optimal ride height for different rider sizes and payloads. There are two TSAS modes: Auto / Off-Road
- Triumph Shift Assist - Providing seamless clutchless up and down gearshifts, this system facilitates silky smooth gear changes and significantly reduces rider fatigue
- Illuminated backlit buttons - Ergonomically-designed fully backlit handlebar switch cubes and joystick to make night-time use even easier
- Keyless ignition - Easier to live with daily, featuring a premium keyless ignition
- Cruise control - Accessed easily through the left hand switchcube, the new single button cruise control helps to reduce rider fatigue
- Electrically adjustable touring screen – Configure the screen height on the road through intuitive backlit switch cube for exceptional long distance comfort.
- High levels of standard technology specification, including ride-by-wire throttle, heated grips and three power sockets including a handy USB socket under the seat.
High specification chassis
The new Tiger Desert Edition maintains the Tiger’s well known premium equipment standard with high specification Brembo brakes, adjustable WP suspension controlled by Triumph's Semi-Active Suspension technology, and a two-position seat height (835-855 mm), adjustable by 20 mm to suit riding style and terrain.
You just want to ride, not faff around with loads of over complicated finance deals. So we’ve put together three straightforward options to keeps things simple for you. All are available via Triumph Motorcycle Finance, provided by industry experts Black Horse Limited, and you can finance all or part of your next new or used Triumph, including any accessories that you've added.
Riders love control. So if you like to control your motorcycling expenditure and would also like a brand new Triumph every two or three years, you should be considering a TriStar PCP (Personal Contract Purchase) for your next bike. This is how it works:
Decide on your Triumph and pay a deposit, agree affordable monthly payments based on your proposed annual mileage and ride away.
You will be given a guaranteed future value for the bike at the time of purchase, so at the end of the agreement, you have three options, either:
- part exchange it for a new Triumph,
- pay the final payment and own the bike,
- or, return the bike*
You have the option of taking the finance over two or three years to suit your budget.
And your Triumph dealer arranges the finance documentation. You just check the paperwork, sign on the dotted line and ride away.
For more information and an example quote visit triumphtristar.co.uk
If you've found your perfect Triumph but need to borrow the entire amount then a personal loan could be for you. With Triumph Motorcycle Finance Personal Loans, you:
Own the bike today with a loan which you pay back through regular payments over a pre-agreed term.
Budget with confidence as your repayments will always be the same throughout the agreement.
Save time on the phone or internet, as your Triumph dealer arranges the finance documentation.
You just check the paperwork, sign on the dotted line and you’re riding away on your Triumph.
Hire Purchase deals are designed to help you spread the cost. With Triumph Motorcycle Finance Hire Purchase, you can:
Pay an initial deposit, ride away and make regular monthly payments. After the last payment, the bike’s all yours.
Choose any new or used Triumph that's up to ten years old and decide how long you want to make regular payments, between one and five years**.
Save time on the phone or internet, as your Triumph dealer arranges the finance documentation. You just check the paperwork, sign on the dotted line and ride away.
As you’d expect, finance is available subject to status for UK residents and indemnities may be required.
*end of agreement options assume the bike is in good condition, the mileage has not exceeded the agreed amount and all payments are up to date (fair wear and tear accepted).
** Standard terms are motorcycles up to 10 years old, excluding imports. A deposit may be required.
Triumph Motorcycle Finance is only available through Black Horse Limited, St William House, Tresillian Terrace, Cardiff CF10 5BH